These are ones that didn’t “make the cut” (yes, friends…comedy is subjective J)
SOME OTHER REASONS I PLAN ON REMAKING THE HISTORY CHANNEL’S—THE BIBLE
* Arnold Schwarzenegger playing Samson…okay, I guess; Bruce Willis portraying Gideon, now that’s a stretch…but for Mordecai—going with MEL GIBSON?? Oy vey!
* Just because Sean Hayes was popular as “Jack McFarland” on Will & Grace, didn’t mean he should be cast for the Ephraimite in the “shibboleth gag” (Judges 12). Lisping is only funny when used by conservatives!
* Yes Grace Slick can sing, and yes she can play a “mean” tambourine…but she ain’t got the gravitas for Miriam.
* When it (1 Samuel 9.2 ) says that King Saul was “higher than any of the people” it means in HEIGHT!!!! He was son of Kish not Kush the cannabis grower from Benjamin.
* C’mon!!!! Everyone knows that Samson used 300 gray foxes and not reds, to burn down those Philistine corn fields. Didn’t anybody go to Sunday School?
* Having one of Daniel’s “lions” be a fat guy dressed up to look like Macavity from “Cats,” just so an Andrew Lloyd Webber tune could be worked in…chintzy to say the least!
* I know inclusivity is all the buzz…but Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego, & Shirley??