Μεγαλύνει ἡ ψυχή μου τὸν Κύριον [Luke 1. 46b]

Friday, March 1, 2013

OPEN LINE FRIDAY: Hymn for Heretics, Heterodox, Heathen, and Hucksters

   Seeing who is on the advisory panel for the upcoming HISTORY CHANNEL production of THE BIBLE (or whatever) and also just constantly being bombarded by the devilish inanity of modern protestantism and its corrosive feculent affect on the Church of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession (what I call the "goof-ball-ization" of Missourah), I wrote the following hymn.  It is dedicated to a warrior for the truth, my FB friend Chris Rosebrough.
   It is to be sung after 6 or 9 beers and WITH GUSTO (con gusto?)

 

EGO ENSHRINE
 
(A Hymn for Joel, Rick, Creflo, Benny, Joyce & the “gang”)

Words:  Jay W. Watson, 2013
Tune:  Olivet, Lowell Mason, 1831
Meter: 6, 6, 4   6, 6, 6, 4
TLH # 394 My Faith Looks Up to Thee
 

Your faith looks up to me
I’m on cable TV
Ego enshrine
Now watch me while I pray
I like it when you pay
All eyes on me today
I’m doing fine


I like to play my role
Leading church rock and roll
Do it my way
No more dry boring creeds
Not doctrine but my deeds
Meeting your heart felt needs
Choose me today
 

Building disciples true
Molding the chosen few
Born again saints
Power glory and fame
No gimmick is too tame
Sacraments are so lame
That blood talk taints


Now that I’ve found my niche
Successful smart and rich
Ego O Be!
The Lord he needs me so
I’ve caused his church to grow
The new Triune I know
I mine and me

2 comments:

  1. Feeling exactly the same way today. Must be something in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you dropping in good sir! Anyone who is a fellow "baldy" (see my avatar pic :) ) is a pal'o-mine! Plus, I took a gander at your blog LAUGHING MARTIN and am impressed!
    your obedient servant
    frJ

    ReplyDelete