Μεγαλύνει ἡ ψυχή μου τὸν Κύριον [Luke 1. 46b]

Thursday, February 7, 2013

A QUINQUAGESIMA Hymn (for St. Luke 18. 35-43)

(but maybe it's best that Saint Bartimaeus can't "hear" this one   :)   )

 
 CAME TO PASS WHILST JESUS WALKING
 
Words: Jay Watson
Tune: Quem pastores (14th century melody)
Meter: 8,8,8,7
Modeled from TLH #90
 
 
Came to pass whilst Jesus walking
Sat there one in sadness begging
Loudly yelled His need adjuring
Sightless man of Jericho
 
 
As they passed he asked the reason
Jesus now this was His season
For our full trespassing treason
Walked to Cal’vry to atone
 
 
O Thou Son of God anointed
For my sins and guilt appointed
Thou my mercy in this dark-dread
Wash me clean Kyrie Lord
 
 
Christ, then gestured to him commanding
What the need He spoke Inquiring
For my eyes Thy help receiving
Give me back my vision whole
 
 
Jesus spoke in all His power
Eyes were opened at that hour
Rest0red image to empower
Crushing all shackles of hell
 
 
Freed from prison that oppressed him
Freed from devils that possessed him
Freed with us from sin we bless Him
Father Son and Holy Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment