TOP TEN REASONS YOUR PARISHIONERS MIGHT CONSIDER ON THEIR WAY TO CALLING YOU “FATHER”
10. Well, you do have children.
9. The VBS “ditty” (aka ‘child-action song’) is “Father
Abraham” and not Pastor Abraham. AND, if hades
occupant Dives can use the term, so can Grandma
Schmitt [c.f. Luke 16.24].
8. German-American Lutherans who are also
conservative GOP-types, are always so eager
to follow Scandinavian practices.
7. Your detractors can spit it out at you with the certitude
that it might hasten your “swimming of the Tiber.”
6. It will give “Carl Vehse” more grist for his
Voter Assembly Quest posts.
5. Gottesdienst does it….and EVERYONE knows how
much weight & influence it has in the Synod (sic)!
4. It will get you free cups of coffee when you make
hospital visits to Saint Charles Borromeo Medical Center.
3. “P”r….”F”r…what’s one small letter among friends?
2. Luthers Large Catechism Part I. The Ten Commandments
4th Commandment, section 416, paragraph 158, Jacobs
page 415 BOOK OF CONCORD (you know, our
And the NUMER ONE REASON your parishioner might consider
on their way to calling you “Father”……………
1. That ELCA priestitute down the street? Sure she does a
whole lot of stuff better than you do, but ain’t NO WAY
she’s ever going to be “Father!”