TOP TEN REASONS WALTHER HAD SWAG
(as the young kids say these days)
10. Tried to insert an article into the first 'LC-MS' constitution mandating beer gardens
in all undercrofts.
9. Smoked a pipe, talked like Gandalf, and liked the "little people."
8. Favorite Bible Story? 2 Kings 2. 23-25. Favorite Disciple? Judas Not Iscariot
7. Always spoke Latin in front of the local Methodists.
6. By adding the extra "middle" name and using the C.F.W. ubiquitously,
kept the LWML and confirmands from using 'Pastor Carl.'
5. Secretly always pined for the lost 'pointy hats' and crosiers.
4. Hated the Cubs.
3. Kind of like them bad-ass Irish dudes in Boondock Saints, had Lehre and Wehre
tattooed on his left and right hands.
2. When no one else was within earshot at Altenburg, told Vehse to "bissen mich."
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON C.F.W. WALTHER still rocks (drum roll please)
1. Dying Words? "UNALTERED AUGSBURG CONFESSION FOREVER!"